This statement is to inform you about the purposes and management of collection of your personal data by The Prince Philip Dental Hospital (“the Hospital”).
[ Please read this statement BEFORE you provide any personal data to us ]
I. Purposes of Collection
A. We shall collect from you :-
- your personal particulars such as your name, date of birth, sex, and identity card number for the purpose of identification;
- your address, telephone number and email for the purpose of communicating with you; and
- information about person to contact in case of emergency (e.g. his/her telephone number).
The provision of this data is obligatory. If you are not willing to supply such data, the Hospital will be unable to accept you for diagnostic or treatment purposes.
B. We shall also collect information regarding your medical/dental history or condition :-
- by asking you for such data;
- by means of normal clinical diagnostic procedures; and
- by obtaining information from the referring source.
This type of personal data is for the purpose of assessing your suitability for acceptance for treatment, and, if so accepted, for teaching or research purposes of the Hospital and The University of Hong Kong (“the University”).
The provision of such personal data is also obligatory, otherwise the Hospital cannot accept you for diagnostic or treatment purposes.
When you provide such personal data to us, please make sure that the data is accurate and complete. If you do not provide us with the information required or if the information provided is inaccurate or incomplete, our ability to provide accurate diagnosis or appropriate treatment to you may be affected.
C. We shall collect from you information about your or your parent’s occupation (only if you are under the age of 18), your ethnic group and marital status for record and statistical purposes. Provision of these types of personal data is voluntary and you may decline to provide such information if you so wish.
The abovementioned personal data are mainly for use by the relevant staff and students of the Hospital and the University for the purposes of teaching, research, statistics, treatment or treatment related matters. Your personal data will be kept confidential for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the Personal Data was collected. Personal Data which is no longer required will be destroyed.
II. Classes of Transferees
Your identity will not be disclosed in any teaching or research materials that may be made available to persons outside the Hospital or the University.
Nevertheless, we may provide such information:-
- to third party service providers if we need their services (such as clinical, laboratory, or technical services) in connection with treatment provided to you;
- in the case of referrals from or to other clinicians / organisations, to the clinicians / organisations who referred you to the Hospital or to the clinicians / organisations to whom you are referred; and
- to any government departments or appropriate statutory authorities by the virtue of law.
Unless with your prior consent, the Hospital will not disclose your personal data to any person for any purposes other than the purposes stated above or a directly related purpose.
III. Access to Personal Data
You have a right of access to and correction of your personal data as provided for in Sections 18 and 22, and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Your right of access also includes the right to obtain a copy of your personal data provided by you or related to you, and a reasonable fee will be charged for complying with your request.
IV. Change of Personal Data
Should there be any change in your personal data, please inform the Registration Counter by phone (2859 0238), by fax (2859 0232) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Enquiries concerning personal data management, including the request for obtaining a copy of your personal data, are to be addressed to:-
Patient Relations Officer
The Prince Philip Dental Hospital
34 Hospital Road
Sai Ying Pun
Telephone: 2859 0237
Fax: 2859 0232