2 September 2019
HK$ 31,575 per annum
Advanced Diploma in Dental Technology
The Hospital offers a two-year full-time training course leading to the award of Advanced Diploma in Dental Technology for eligible local students in the academic year 2019/20.
The course provides comprehensive training for students with substantial knowledge and practical dexterity of Dental Technology. The ample practical training opportunities offered by the course enable the graduates to produce dental appliances, e.g. partial and complete dentures, orthodontic appliances and bridges.
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- communicate with dental professionals using the dental terminology;
- advise the dentists on the appropriate selection of materials and laboratory procedures for constructing the required dental appliances;
- select appropriate dental technology techniques and suitable materials, according to dentists’ prescription in constructing dental appliances/ dental accessories;
- search new materials/ techniques through various sources such as internet; and analyse, synthesise and compare the collected information and data;
- design and construct temporary/ permanent removable dental appliances with metals and acrylic resin in prosthodontic technology;
- design and construct temporary/ permanent dental crowns and bridges with acrylic resin, metals, ceramic and ceramo-metallic bonded materials in conservation technology;
- design and construct removable and functional appliances in orthodontic technology;
- apply the general principles and laboratory procedures in making simple dental appliances relating to dental implantology;
- apply the general principles and laboratory procedures in making simple dental appliances with CAD/CAM technology;
- solve technical problems when constructing complex dental appliances;
- establish and manage a dental laboratory; and
- identify and consider the social and legal implications of the work undertaken by dental technicians.
(1) Five (5) subjects, including English Language, attaining Level 2 or above in HKDSEE* or equivalent; or
*Apart from English Language, the other four (4) subjects could be:
– “Attained” or above in Applied Learning (ApL) subjects [subject to a maximum of two (2) ApL subjects], or
– Grade E or above in other language subjects.
(2) Five (5) subjects, including English Language^, attaining Grade E/ Level 2 or above in HKCEE, or equivalent; or
^For English Language (Syllabus A) in pre-2007 HKCEE, only Grade C or above will be considered.
(3) Full Project Yi Jin Certificate/ Diploma; or
(4) Aged 21 or above at the start of the commencing academic year.
HK$ 31,575 per annum (by two equal instalments)
(Subject to revision according to Government’s announcement; and non-refundable unless the course is cancelled.)
Dental Ancillary Student Affairs Office of the Hospital: 2859 0531
Information Counter of the Hospital: 2859 0238