For the disciplines of (1) Endodontology, (2) Periodontology and (3) Prosthodontics
[Note: Applicants should indicate the discipline(s) and basis of appointment preferred on the Application Form]
- Registered in Hong Kong under the Dentists Registration Ordinance (Cap 156, Hong Kong Laws);
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience (clinical experience gained from postgraduate studies will also be recognised);
- Possess a valid practising certificate issued by The Dental Council of Hong Kong;
- A member of a medical defence organisation such as the Medical Protection Society;
- Possess an Irradiating Apparatus Licence; and
- Good communication skills.
Candidates in possession of higher academic achievements and/or post-qualification professional experience will have a definite advantage. Priority will be given to candidates who can work on a full-time basis.
- Patient screening.
- Supervising the screening of patients and treatments by Junior Hospital Dental Officers (JHDOs).
- Delivering dental treatments and services related to teaching independently, including liaison with other clinical areas for patients requiring dental care.
- Delivery of emergency treatments, patient care and provisional oral health education in particular for teaching of dental students and cases deemed too difficult for various reasons to be dealt with by undergraduate students or JHDOs.
- Assisting in the delivery of teaching and research related activities in collaboration with the Faculty of Dentistry of the University of Hong Kong.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Clinic Manager of the designated Clinic, Comptroller and Director.
Package: [For candidates appointed on Full-time basis] MPS Point 30 – 44, $61,060 – $105,175, five-day week, 18 days’ annual leave and medical/ dental benefits. Successful candidate will be offered appointment at the entry point, MPS Point 30 ($61,060) per month with a two-year contract which is renewable, subject to satisfactory performance. An end-of-contract gratuity may be granted upon satisfactory completion of the contract with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. The amount of gratuity payable will be the sum which, when added to the Hospital’s contribution to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance (Cap. 485), equals to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period. [For candidates appointed on Part-time basis] Successful candidate will be offered appointment at $1,820 per a four-hour session with a one-year Fixed-term contract. Allocation of sessions will be determined according to the operational needs up to a maximum of 10 sessions per week. Paid annual leave and statutory leave would be offered to those working five or more sessions per week.
To Apply: Applicants should send a letter in English, with the duly completed Application Form (downloadable from the Hospital’s website www.ppdh.org.hk) and full résumé indicating clearly the appointment basis (FT/ PT) they are looking for, their academic and vocational results to the Hospital Administration (HR), The Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong or via email to email@example.com by 18 September 2019. Applicants should mark clearly the Post “Hospital Dental Officer” and reference number “PP133HDO” on the envelope/ subject of the email and the Application Form.
Enquiry: 2859 0335
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purpose only)