(MPS Point 22 – 28, $42,330 – $55,705)
- Holder of a General/ Advanced Diploma in Dental Technology issued by The Hong Kong Polytechnic, or the Prince Philip Dental Hospital, or equivalent;
- Attained Level 2/ Grade E or above in five subjects in HKDSEE or HKCEE, including Chinese Language and English Language/ English Language (Syllabus B) in pre-2007 HKCEE, or equivalent;
- A minimum of three (3) years of post-qualification experience; and
- PC literate.
- Constructing whole range of dental appliances required in the treatment of patients associated with undergraduate teaching programmes including removable dentures, full complete denture, chrome-cobalt appliance, crown and bridges, maxillo-facial surgical appliances, orthodontic appliances and implant-supported appliances;
- Constructing and modifying teaching related models and appliances and teaching aids including preparation of models either in acrylic resins gypsum or combination of both, and preparation of materials for staff and students;
- Assisting in experimenting with and evaluating new materials and techniques;
- Assisting in experimenting with new techniques and construction of appliance for patient treatment;
- Assisting in the development and production of appliances and device required for research work by Faculty members;
- Ensuring correct and safe use of equipment in the dental laboratories;
- Constructing the whole range of dental appliances for patients treated by clinicians;
- Undertaking administrative work of the dental laboratories such as distributing jobs among the colleagues and keeping records of work;
- Assisting in the development of CAD/ CAM dentistry;
- Assisting in the management of Dental Technology Unit, including coaching junior technicians or Laboratory Assistants, assignment of laboratory works to Student Dental Technicians, and handling enquiries from clinicians/ students; and
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
Package: Five-day week, 18 days’ annual leave and medical/ dental benefits. Successful candidate will be offered appointment at the entry point, MPS Point 22 ($42,330) per month with a two-year contract which is renewable, subject to satisfactory performance. An end-of-contract gratuity may be granted upon satisfactory completion of the contract with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. The amount of gratuity payable will be the sum which, when added to the Hospital’s contribution to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance (Cap. 485), equals to 10% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
To Apply: Applicants should send your cover letter in English, with the duly completed Application Form (downloadable from the Hospital’s website www.ppdh.org.hk) and full résumé indicating clearly the academic and vocational results to the Hospital Administration (HR), The Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 January 2020. Applicants should mark clearly the post “Dental Technician I” and reference number “PP129DTI” on the envelope/subject of the email and the Application Form. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a trade test.
Enquiry: 2859 0335
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purpose only)