for the disciplines of (1) Endodontology, (2) Periodontology, (3) Prosthodontics and (4) Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Registered in Hong Kong under the Dentists Registration Ordinance (Cap 156, Hong Kong Laws);
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience (clinical experience gained from postgraduate studies will also be recognised);
- Possess a valid practising certificate issued by The Dental Council of Hong Kong;
- A member of a medical defence organisation such as the Medical Protection Society;
- Possess an Irradiating Apparatus Licence; and
- Good communication skills.
- Assist in patient screening;
- Supervise the patient screening and treatments performed by Training Support Dental Officers (TSDOs);
- Supervise and assess the clinical activities performed by student dental hygienists (only for those under Periodontology);
- Deliver dental treatments and services related to teaching independently, including liaison with other clinical areas for patients requiring dental care;
- Deliver seminars to students of paradental courses and participate in outreach activities;
- Deliver emergency treatments, patient care and provisional oral health education in particular for teaching of dental students and cases deemed too difficult for various reasons to be dealt with by undergraduate students or TSDOs;
- Assist in the delivery of teaching and research related activities in collaboration with the Faculty of Dentistry of the University of Hong Kong; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Senior Dental Officer, the Clinic Manager of the designated Clinic, Comptroller and Director.
- Candidates in possession of higher academic achievements and/or post-qualification professional experience will have a definite advantage.
Package: Subject to the Board of Governors’ confirmation, successful candidates will be offered appointment at $2,010 per a four-hour session with a Fixed-term contract of not more than one-year. Allocation of sessions will be determined according to the operational needs up to a maximum of 9 sessions per week. Paid annual leave and statutory leave would be offered to those working 5 or more sessions per week.
To Apply: Applicants should send the duly completed Application Form (downloadable from the Hospital’s website www.ppdh.org.hk) and full résumé indicating clearly their academic results and working experience to the Hospital Administration (HR), The Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong or via email to email@example.com by 11 August 2023. Applicants should mark clearly the Post “Hospital Dental Officer (Part-time)” and reference number “PP133HDO” on the envelope/ subject of the email and the Application Form.
Enquiry: 2859 0335
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purpose only)