For (1) Paediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, (2) Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery,
(3) Endodontology, (4) Cariology, (5) Prosthodontics, and (6) Periodontology & Implant Dentistry
- – Final year BDS undergraduate students of the Faculty of Dentistry, HKU (FoD); OR
– Postgraduate students of the FoD in 2021/22; OR
– Dental personnel pursuing higher training at the FoD in 2021/22; OR
– Past BDS graduates/ Postgraduates of the FoD; OR
– Junior Hospital Dental Officers (JHDOs) previously appointed.
b. Good communication skills.
Major Duties: Assisting the Hospital and the FoD in its teaching activities, through:
- screening of teaching patients;
- supervision of clinical activities performed by student dental hygienists;
- participation in Special Care Dentistry training; and
- delivery of dental treatments and services, patient care and oral health education.
(1) Applicants should indicate (i) current status (according to “a” in job requirements), (ii) the order of preference on the Division for deployment, AND (iii) availability on the Application Form.
(2) Successful candidates are required to possess a practising certificate issued by the Dental Council of Hong Kong, be a member of either the Medical Defence Union or the Medical Protection Society, and possess an Irradiating Apparatus Licence prior to appointment.
(3) Priority for appointment of the JHDO sessions will be given to the recent BDS graduates due to training needs.
(4) Successful candidates will usually be deployed to one particular Division only, with the possibility of having one or more sessions per week allocated to Oral Diagnosis and/or Diagnostic Imaging as well as Dental Hygiene course supervision, subject to operational needs.]
Package: Fixed-term contract up to 31 August 2022 at $1,325 per a four-hour session. Contracts for dental personnel with more than one year’s experience would be up to 30 November 2021 first, and subject to renewal according to operational needs. Allocation of sessions will be determined according to the operational needs up to a maximum of 10 sessions per week. Paid annual leave and statutory leave would be offered to those working 5 or more sessions per week.
To Apply: Applicants should send the duly completed Application Form (downloadable from the Hospital’s website www.ppdh.org.hk) and full résumé indicating their academic and vocational results to the Hospital Administration (HR), The Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong. Interviews will be arranged once applications from eligible applicants are received for some divisions/ clinics. For applicants who are Final year BDS undergraduate students, please note that the deadline for application is 10 September 2021. Applicants should mark clearly the Post “Junior Hospital Dental Officer” on the envelope and the Application Form.
Enquiry: 2859 0332
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purpose only)