Assisting the Hospital and Faculty of Dentistry, HKU in its teaching activities, through:
(a) screening of teaching patients;
(b) supervision of clinical activities performed by student dental hygienists;
(c) participation in Special Care Dentistry training; and
(d) delivery of dental treatments and services, patient care and oral health education.
(a) – Final year BDS undergraduate students of the Faculty of Dentistry, HKU (FoD); OR
– Postgraduate students of the FoD in 2020/21, OR
– Dental personnel pursuing higher training at the FoD in 2020/21#; OR
– Past BDS graduates/ Postgraduates of the FoD#; OR
– Junior Hospital Dental Officers (JHDOs) previously appointed.#
(b) Good communication skills.
# For successful candidate with more than one year’s experience, they will carry a functional title of “Dental Officer (Part-time)”, if employed.
(1) Successful candidates are required to possess a practicing certificate issued by the Dental Council of Hong Kong, be a member of either the Medical Defence Union or the Medical Protection Society, and possess an Irradiating Apparatus Licence prior to appointment.
(2) Priority for appointment of the JHDO sessions will be given to the recent BDS graduates due to training needs.
(3) Successful candidates will usually be deployed to one particular Division only, with the possibility of having one or more sessions per week allocated to Oral Diagnosis and/or Diagnostic Imaging as well as Dental Hygiene course supervision, subject to operational needs.]
Fixed-term contract up to 31 August 2021 at $1,325 per a four-hour session. Allocation of sessions will be determined according to the operational needs up to a maximum of 10 sessions per week. Paid annual leave and statutory leave would be offered to those working 5 or more sessions per week.
Applicants should send the following documents to the Hospital Administration (HR), The Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong by 7 December 2020:
(a) An application letter in English, indicating current status (according to “a” in entry requirements);
(b) A duly completed Application Form (downloadable from our website www.ppdh.org.hk); and
(c) Full résumé.
Applicants should mark clearly the post title “Junior Hospital Dental Officer (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)” on the envelope and the Application Form.
Enquiry: 2859 0332
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purpose only)