For (1) Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, (2) Cariology and (3) Prosthodontics
Assisting the Hospital and Faculty of Dentistry, HKU in its teaching activities, through:
- screening of teaching patients;
- supervision of clinical activities performed by student dental hygienists;
- participation in Special Care Dentistry training; and
- delivery of dental treatments and services, patient care and oral health education.
- – Postgraduate students of the FoD in 2020/21; OR
– Dental personnel pursuing higher training at the FoD in 2020/21#; OR
– Past BDS graduates / Postgraduates of the FoD#; OR
– Junior Hospital Dental Officers (JHDOs) previously appointed#.
- Good communication skills.
# For successful candidate with more than one year’s experience, they will carry a functional title of “Dental Officer (Part-time)”, if employed.
(1) Successful candidates are required to possess a practising certificate issued by the Dental Council of Hong Kong, be a member of either the Medical Defence Union or the Medical Protection Society, and possess an Irradiating Apparatus Licence prior to appointment.
(2) Priority for appointment of the JHDO sessions will be given to the recent BDS graduates due to training needs.
(3) Successful candidates will usually be deployed to one particular Division only, with the possibility of having one or more sessions per week allocated to Oral Diagnosis and/or Diagnostic Imaging as well as Dental Hygiene course supervision, subject to operational needs.]
Fixed-term contract up to 31 August 2021 at $1,325 per a four-hour session. Allocation of sessions will be determined according to the operational needs up to a maximum of 10 sessions per week. Paid annual leave and statutory leave would be offered to those working five or more sessions per week.
Applicants should send the following documents to the Hospital Administration (HR), The Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong:
- An application letter in English, indicating (i) current status (according to “a” in entry requirements) and (ii) order of preference on the Division for deployment;
- A duly completed Application Form (downloadable from our website www.ppdh.org.hk); and
- Full résumé.
Applicants should mark clearly the post title “Junior Hospital Dental Officer” on the envelope and the Application Form. Interviews will be arranged as soon as possible once applications are received.
Enquiry: 2859 0332
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purpose only)