(MPS Point 31 – 40, $63,930 – $89,460)
- Holder of a Certificate of Proficiency in Dental Surgery Assisting/ Diploma in Dental Surgery Assisting issued by The Prince Philip Dental Hospital, or equivalent;
- At least 10 years of post-qualification working experience as a certified dental surgery assistant or in teaching dental surgery assisting;
- Proven experience in teaching dental surgery assisting is preferred;
- Attained Level 2/ Grade E or above in five subjects in HKDSEE or HKCEE, including Chinese Language and English Language/ English Language (Syllabus B) in pre-2007 HKCEE, or equivalent;
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese (fluent Cantonese preferred); and
- PC literate.
- Be responsible for the overall day to day administration of the Diploma in Dental Surgery Assisting Training Course, such as:
- matters relating to students affairs;
- preparation of budgetary requirements;
- coordination with Faculty of Dentistry staff for arranging teaching, lectures or examinations for the training course;
- maintenance of teaching standards, student performance & discipline;
- preparing the timetables;
- preparing the Curriculum & Syllabus for the Diploma in Dental Surgery Assisting Training Course;
- preparing the students academic reports & testimonials; and
- arranging the student visits
- Supervise Instructor in DSA;
- Engage in teaching activities and counselling of the students;
- Serve as members in the committees/ panels for the Diploma in Dental Surgery Assisting Training Course;
- Serve as the Chairman of the Student Admission Selection Board;
- Serve as the Inventory holder for the Diploma in Dental Surgery Assisting Training Course; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
Package: Five-day week, 18 days’ annual leave and medical/ dental benefits. Successful candidate will be offered appointment at the entry point, MPS Point 31 ($63,930) per month with a two-year contract which is renewable, subject to satisfactory performance. An end-of-contract gratuity may be granted upon satisfactory completion of the contract with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. The amount of gratuity payable will be the sum which, when added to the Hospital’s contribution to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance (Cap. 485), equals to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
To Apply: Applicants should send your cover letter in English, with the duly completed Application Form (downloadable from the Hospital’s website www.ppdh.org.hk) and full résumé indicating clearly the academic and vocational results to the Hospital Administration (HR), The Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong or via email to email@example.com by 6 November 2019. Applicants should mark clearly the Post “Tutor in Dental Surgery Assisting” and reference number “PPDH144TDSA” on the envelope/ subject of the email and the Application Form.
Enquiry: 2859 0335
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purpose only)