[MPS Point 45 – 49, $117,580 – $135,470]
- Registered in Hong Kong under the Dentists Registration Ordinance (Cap 156, Hong Kong Laws);
- Possess a valid practising certificate issued by The Dental Council of Hong Kong;
- A member of a medical defence organisation such as the Medical Protection Society;
- Possess an Irradiating Apparatus Licence;
- Clinical dental experience for a minimum of ten years, experience in periodotology or being an invigilator for dental exams is preferred;
- Working experience in training/ supervising para-dental ancillary personnel is preferred;
- Exceptional organizational ability and communication skills; and
- Good command of spoken and written Chinese and English.
- Supervise Junior Hospital Dental Officers (JHDOs) and Hospital Dental Officers (HDOs) and assess their performances on patient screening and diagnostic imaging, supervision of para-dental students’ clinical training and handling of outstanding patient cases of dental undergraduates;
- Responsible for the development of all dental ancillary training courses with the assistance of course leaders;
- Undertake some particular teaching activities of all para-dental training courses, including supervision of Student Hygienists during their clinical practice;
- Participate in Recruitment Board for HDOs and JHDOs to ensure priority of duties in maintaining Hospital basic operations;
- Assisting to handle any patient complaints and coordinate clinical audits at regular intervals, enhancing clinical governance through benchmarking against recognized standards on patient assessment and care, infection control and prevention, medication management; and
- Provide professional support in any other duties as required by the Director or Comptroller.
(1) Priority may be given to candidates who can work on a full-time basis.
Package: For appointment on Full-time basis, successful candidates will be offered appointment at the entry point, MPS Point 45 ($117,580) per month with a two-year contract which is renewable, subject to satisfactory performance. Five-day week, 18 days’ annual leave and medical/ dental benefits. An end-of-contract gratuity may be granted upon satisfactory completion of the contract with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. The amount of gratuity payable will be the sum which, when added to the Hospital’s contribution to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance (Cap. 485), equals to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
For appointment on Part-time basis, successful candidates will be offered appointment at $2,805 per a four-hour session with a two-year Fixed-term contract. Allocation of sessions will be determined according to the operational needs up to a maximum of 9 sessions per week. Paid annual leave and statutory leave would be offered to those working 5 or more sessions per week.
To Apply: Applicants should send the duly completed Application Form (downloadable from the Hospital’s website www.ppdh.org.hk) and full résumé indicating clearly the appointment basis (Full-time/ Part-time) they preferred, their academic and vocational results to the Hospital Administration (HR), The Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 July 2022. Applicants should mark clearly the Post “Senior Dental Officer” and reference number “PP139SDO” on the envelope/ subject of the email and the Application Form.
Enquiry: 2859 0335
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purpose only)