(MPS Point 31 – 40, $67,295 – $93,710)
- Holder of a Certificate of Admission to the Roll of Dental Hygienists, issued by the Hong Kong Dental Council, or equivalent;
- At least 10 years’ post-registration working experience;
- Proven experience in teaching dental hygiene is preferred;
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Attained Level 2/ Grade E or above in 5 subjects in HKDSE or HKCEE, including Chinese Language and English Language/ English Language (Syllabus B) in pre-2007 HKCEE, or equivalent;
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese (fluent Cantonese preferred); and
- PC literate.
- Be responsible for the overall day to day administration of the Higher Diploma in Dental Hygiene course (Co-organized by HKU SPACE), such as:
a) matters relating to students affairs;
b) preparation of budgetary requirements;
c) coordination with Faculty of Dentistry staff for arranging teaching, lectures or examinations for the training course;
d) maintenance of teaching standards, student performance & discipline;
e) preparing the Timetable, Curriculum & Syllabus for the Higher Diploma in Dental Hygiene course;
f) preparing the students academic reports & testimonials; and
g) arranging the student visits;
- Supervise Instructors in Dental Hygiene;
- Engage in teaching activities and counselling of the students;
- Serve as members in the committees/ panels for the Higher Diploma in Dental Hygiene course;
- Engage in course promotion, student recruitment and admission selection;
- Engage in managing the store of consumables, teaching materials and maintaining the equipment in proper condition; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
Package: Five-day week, 18 days’ annual leave and medical/ dental benefits. Successful candidate will be offered appointment at the entry point, MPS Point 31 ($67,295) per month with a two-year contract which is renewable, subject to satisfactory performance. An end-of-contract gratuity may be granted upon satisfactory completion of the contract with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. The amount of gratuity payable will be the sum which, when added to the Hospital’s contribution to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance (Cap. 485), equals to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
To Apply: Applicants should send the duly completed Application Form (downloadable from the Hospital’s website www.ppdh.org.hk) and full résumé indicating clearly the academic and vocational results to the Hospital Administration (HR), The Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 October 2020. Applicants should mark clearly the post “Tutor in Dental Hygiene” and reference number “PP143TDH” on the envelope/subject of the email and the Application Form. Shortlisted applicants may be invited to attend an interview and deliver a presentation.
Enquiry: 2859 0335
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purpose only)