13 September 2021 (Tentative)
HK$ 31,575 per annum
=Course Application deadline: 30 Jul 2021 (Fri)=
Online admission talk (to be held on 22/7/2021, 10:00 am): Register via https://forms.gle/hL9oPG7dAqDVH8jr9 (accept on first-come first-served basis)
Advanced Diploma in Dental Technology
The Hospital offers a two-year full-time training course leading to the award of Advanced Diploma in Dental Technology for eligible local students in the academic year 2021/22.
The course provides comprehensive training for students with substantial knowledge and practical dexterity of Dental Technology. The ample practical training opportunities offered by the course enable the graduates to produce dental appliances, e.g. partial and complete dentures, orthodontic appliances and bridges.
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to:
(1) Inform and explain to the dentists about the selection of materials and laboratory procedures for constructing the required dental appliances;
(2) Select appropriate dental technology techniques and suitable materials, according to dentists’ prescription in constructing dental appliances/ dental accessories; and
(3) Apply the general principles and laboratory procedures in making simple dental appliances with dental implantology and CAD/CAM technology respectively.
Qualities of a Dental Technician
(1) With skilful hands
(2) Good colour and depth perception
(3) With high patience
(4) Highly focused
(6) With good communication skill
(1) Five (5) subjects, including English Language, attaining Level 2 or above in HKDSEE* or equivalent; or
*Apart from English Language, the other four (4) subjects could be:
– “Attained” or above in Applied Learning (ApL) subjects [subject to a maximum of two (2) ApL subjects], or
– Grade E or above in other language subjects.
(2) Five (5) subjects, including English Language^, attaining Grade E/ Level 2 or above in HKCEE, or equivalent; or
^For English Language (Syllabus A) in pre-2007 HKCEE, only Grade C or above will be considered.
(3) Full Project Yi Jin Certificate/ Diploma; or
(4) Aged 21 or above at the start of the commencing academic year.
HK$ 31,575 per annum (by two equal instalments)
Subject to revision according to Government’s announcement; and non-refundable unless the course is cancelled.
Para-dental Training Centre of the Hospital: 2859 0531