28 December 2020 (Tentative)
HK$28,000 per annum
Diploma in Dental Surgery Assisting
This course provides both basic theory training and clinical practice for Student Dental Surgery Assistants. In the academic year 2020/21, the Hospital will enroll eligible local students to its one-year full-time training course leading to the award of Diploma in Dental Surgery Assisting.
To prepare the student be competent in providing assistance to the members of dental team.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
After completing the training course, students should be able to:
- Assist dentists at the chairside in taking care of patients before, during and after treatment;
- Apply knowledge of infection control in the maintenance of environments, instruments and equipment in the dental clinic; and
- Provide dental health education to patients for prevention of dental diseases, e.g. caries, periodontal diseases and erosion.
Qualities of a Dental Surgery Assistant
- Optimistic and sociable
- Cheerful with a ready smile
- Accommodating, sympathetic and understanding
- With common sense
- With initiative
- With good communication skill
- Able to perform as a team player
- With neat and professional appearance
(1) Five (5) subjects, including English Language, attaining Level 2 or above in HKDSEE* or equivalent; or
*Apart from English Language, the other four (4) subjects could be:
– “Attained” or above in Applied Learning (ApL) subjects [subject to a maximum of two (2) ApL subjects], or
– Grade E or above in other language subjects.
(2) Five (5) subjects, including English Language^, attaining Grade E/ Level 2 or above in HKCEE, or equivalent; or
^For English Language (Syllabus A) in pre-2007 HKCEE, only Grade C or above will be considered.
(3) Full Project Yi Jin Certificate/ Diploma; or
(4) Aged 21 or above at the start of the commencing academic year; or
(5) Minimum one-year full-time working experience as a Dental Surgery Assistant.
Full-time: HK$28,000 per annum (by two equal instalments)
Subject to revision; and non-refundable unless the course is cancelled.
This programme support by the Faculty of Dentistry, the University of Hong Kong
Dental Ancillary Student Affairs Office of the Hospital: 2859 0531