Full-time / Part-time
15 August 2022 (Tentative)
2-year Part-time Day Release
Full-time: HK$28,000 per annum
Part-time: HK$14,000 per annum
= We are now accepting application for enrollment to 2022/23 =
Application deadline: 22 July 2022
Please refer to the document “Admission & Student Affairs” for application method
Diploma in Dental Surgery Assisting
This course provides both basic theory training and clinical practice for Student Dental Surgery Assistants. In the academic year 2022/23, the Hospital will enroll eligible local students to its 1-year full-time and 2-year part-time day release training course leading to the award of Diploma in Dental Surgery Assisting.
To prepare the student be competent in providing assistance to the members of dental team.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
After completing the training course, students should be able to:
- Assist the dentist at the chairside with the care of patients before, during and after treatment;
- Apply knowledge of infection control in the maintenance of environments, instruments and equipment in the dental clinic; and
- Provide dental health education to patients for prevention of dental diseases, e.g. caries, periodontal diseases and erosion.
Qualities of a Dental Surgery Assistant
- Optimistic and sociable
- Cheerful with a ready smile
- Accommodating, sympathetic and understanding
- With common sense
- With initiative
- With good communication skills
- Able to perform as a team player
- With neat and professional appearance
(1) Five (5) subjects, including English Language, attaining Level 2 or above in HKDSEE* or equivalent; or
*Apart from English Language, the other four (4) subjects could be:
– “Attained” or above in Applied Learning (ApL) subjects [subject to a maximum of two (2) ApL subjects], or
– Grade E or above in other language subjects.
(2) Five (5) subjects, including English Language^, attaining Grade E/ Level 2 or above in HKCEE, or equivalent; or
^For English Language (Syllabus A) in pre-2007 HKCEE, only Grade C or above will be considered.
(3) Full Project Yi Jin Certificate/ Diploma; or
(4) Aged 21 or above at the start of the commencing academic year; or
(5) Minimum one-year full-time working experience as a Dental Surgery Assistant.
(6) Applicants for the 2-year Part-time Day Release course should be currently employed and will continue to work as a DSA if they are accepted for the course.
Important note: As the Hospital is implementing the Vaccine Pass, all applicants and students must receive the required dosage of the COVID-19 vaccine according to the latest vaccination requirement of the Vaccine Pass announced by the government, for attending admission interview and training at the Hospital premises (except those being exempted).
Full-time: HK$28,000 per annum (by two equal instalments)
Part-time: HK$14,000 per annum (by two equal instalments)
Subject to revision; and non-refundable unless the course is cancelled.
This programme support by the Faculty of Dentistry, the University of Hong Kong
Para-dental Training Centre of the Hospital: 2859 0531